Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rachel and the TreeSchoolers Review


I always get excited when I get the chance to review educational items. As a former preschool teacher I had lots of fun watching this interactive video of Rachel and treeschoolers - characters like Abacus Finch, Isaac Newt, and others.

Rachel and the TreeSchoolers is a 2 Disc Combo set. One DVD with songs, sign language, fun games and activities. All these activities are incorporated in to make learning fun and attractive for preschoolers. And one CD with the songs in the DVD plus sing along soundtracks.

 Episode 1: A Rainy Day
 Rain interrupts the TreeSchooler’s plans to play outside. The lightning and thunder scare Abacus Finch. Help Rachel and the TreeSchoolers show Abacus that understanding something can make it less scary. This episode teaches weather concepts, problem solving, rhyming, sign language, classification, storytelling, persistence, kindness, and courage.

Rachel has a very beautiful singing voice, a very unique way of introducing children to new weather terms using the sorting game, rhyming and sign language. The songs are fantastic, from the moment I listened to them I couldn't take them off my mind.
 
The only concern I have regarding this DVD lesson has to do with Chroma Chameleon which appears for a few second in the video, seems to me that it brings mysticism/ transcendental elements to it. Other then that is a very good product and very professionally done. Preschoolers would love it! 

Free Activity Guide Parents and teachers, get your free"Rainy Day" Activity Guide, which includes fun and easy activities for at home or in the classroom. This PDF guide includes a full set of printable resources, including a My Rainy Day book template, character cards, word cards, song lyrics and fun certificate. Get the Activity Guide now

You can find the DVD for purchase here.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...