Sunday, October 20, 2013

MIRA Kitchen Scale Review


 I don't know your thoughts on this issue, but I am finding it harder and harder to slow down, although I am a stay-at-home mom. We live in a time and era where everything seems to be done in a hurry. Shopping, cooking, eating, it's all on to go. The faster is done, the better, but most of it seems to be lacking essence. I wander what do we need in order to slow down...The answer is simple. Enjoying the little but beneficial things in life.

 With the recent loss of my beloved father, I've seen how much I need to slow down and enjoy life, good relationships, and a good and healthy meal. And that's what I want to talk to you about in this review. The importance of cooking your own food from scratch as much as you can. Set aside time, plan it in the beginning of the week, do your grocery shopping, and start cooking. You do need to eat, you might as well eat healthier. A good digital scale will help you:
  • control portions.
  • ease your baking, mostly where it requires measuring by weight.
  • accurately weigh your mail before sending it (I added this as I needed it for myself)
Do you want to loose weigh, or keep your current weigh? Portion control is one of the best ways to do it. If you use the scale to control your portions at home, when dining out will help you judge portions better. You might need to do this for a few weeks, and then continue to one week a month to help you stay on track. 

 Use the kitchen scale for measuring the big ingredients like flour, sugar, brown sugar, butter, cocoa, chocolate, water and milk and switch back to measuring teaspoons for baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. A good rule of thumb – if you want to measure less than 1/4 cup, use teaspoons and tablespoons and for more than 1/4 cup, use the kitchen scale.


Current price of stamp is 46¢. I still use stamps and envelopes and I want to make sure the mail reaches it's destination. It happened to me once to have a heavier mail and less stamps and it didn't get to where it needed on time. I had to make sure that it doesn't happen any more, and I am glad to be prepared when sending thicker mail. If your letter weighs more than 1 ounce, then it will cost more. The table below shows the prices for letters over 1 ounce.
2 oz.66¢
3 oz.86¢
3.5 oz.$1.06

The Mira Kitchen digital scale I got to review is very nice. It is light and accurate. It reads from 0.1 to 11 oz. It is made of strong glass and displays weights in pounds, kilograms, grams, and ounces (lb/oz, kg/g, fl.oz., ml). It doesn't take much space and you can easily store it when not in use. The scale uses 3 AAA batteries included, and will automatically turn off after 1 minute of no use, or you can simply press and hold the 'On-off-Zero' button.

I am very pleased with this product and I definitely recommend it to everyone. Do you want one of your own, visit  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECIYGWY. Now you can get it on sale and save 55%.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...