Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals Peppermint & Lemon essential oils & FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL - Product reviews

Not too long ago I discovered the benefits of essential oils for cleaning supplies and cosmetic uses and I wanted to try them myself. I had the privileged of trying out these three products from Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals. They are therapeutic grade, so don't attempt to ingest them. Both these essential oils are strong if you want to use them on your skin so they need to be diluted with a carrier oil, and this coconut oil is perfect for doing so.

For aromatherapy there are different ways you can use these essential oils:
Inhale directly—simply smell them; diffuse the oils using a diffuser; pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil or use with a humidifier ( put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may cause damage to your humidifier)

My family had stuffy nose 'syndrome' and not having a diffuser handy I put a pan on the stove, added a few drops of peppermint and lemon essential oils and let the steam run free in my home. In just a few minutes my nose cleared and the entire apartment was nicely scented.

The Peppermint Oil and Fractionated Coconut Oil

 There are many uses for the Peppermint Oil, but I will list just a few.

Stress
Peppermint oil is cooling and energizing. Add a few drops to your bath, or dap a few drops directly on your body then get into the tub, for near-instant stress relief. You can also put the oil into a burner for a stress-relieving aroma. 

Hair and Skin
Try blending peppermint oil into your massage oil, shampoo, bodywash or body lotion. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can help cool your skin and remove dandruff from your scalp.

 Muscle Pain
Peppermint may help to relieve muscle spasms and pain. Try massaging its essential oil onto sore muscles or adding it to your bath water for muscle pain relief.

Dental Cavities and Bad Breath
Powdered peppermint leaves have also been used historically to freshen breath and whiten teeth; you can even add a drop or two directly to your toothpaste.

  Fractionated Coconut Oil is a saturated oil and has great therapeutic benefits not only with essential oils but just by itself as a moisturizer or lubricator. It leaves skins smooth with no greasy feeling. It is odorless and colorless. It is antioxidant and disinfectant as well.

After using it in aromatherapy, I gave the peppermint oil a try on my flaky scalp. I diluted it with fractionated coconut oil and applied it on my hair, mostly on my roots and scalp. I let it stay for a few minutes and then I washed and rinsed as usually. I blow dried my hair since the cooling sensation on my scalp was quite strong. Although I still noticed dandruff on my hair after this process, I also noticed that my scalp started to heal and the dandruff was significantly less after one time use.



Some common uses: 
  •  Laundry – In case you leave your laundry sitting in the washer too long, just add a few drop of lemon EO and your clothes won’t get that nasty smell.
  • Clean Hands – Got greasy hands from working on your car or bike and regular soap isn’t doing the trick? No worries, just add a couple drops of lemon EO with your soap and get your clean hands back!
  •  Natural Disinfectant – Want to steer away from alcohol and bleach to disinfect your countertops and clean your moldy shower? Add 40 drops lemon oil and 20 drops tea tree oil to a 16-oz spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite.
  • Face-wash – Lemon essential oil uses for skin can can improve your complexion and leave your skin soft and supple. Lemon oil benefits skin by deeply nourishing. You can make lemon oil with baking soda and honey for a natural acne free face wash.
  • Wood and Silver Polish – A lemon oil-soaked cloth will also help spruce up your tarnished silver and jewelry! Lemon oil for wood cleaning is also great.
  •  Goo-Be-Gone – Un-stick the sticky goo your kids leave behind with stickers and gum with lemon oil. 
 In the picture above you see the Lemon Essential Oil in the microwave. I used it to clean it and this is how I did it. I filled a bowl with water, I added some drops of lemon essential oil and put it on high for 3 minutes. When the timer went off, the took a paper towel and cleaned out the steam that was created. I didn't need to scrub, it all got clean in seconds. I washed the glass plate with the lemon water from the bowl and this is the final result.

You can find these products on Amazon:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...